You are assigned a Western Identity upon application to Western as a student or when you become an active employee of Western. There is also special access for Affiliated Persons. More info is available on the WTS Website.
You must first have a Western Identity in order to get access to the SSC Network.
If you have registered in Western's Identity Manager, you can login to idm.uwo.ca to manage your account. To manage your password or security questions choose the Profile tab. For details on changing your password see Managing Passwords.
You can also request or manage non-person accounts (formerly generic accounts) using the Non-Person Accounts tab in the Identity Manager. Many departments use these for a shared departmental email account, or guest account with internet or wireless access for someone who is visiting briefly. There is more information on Non-Person accounts on the WTS web site.
- Students currently registered in the Faculty of Social Science (Main Campus), or currently registered in a Social Science course (Main Campus) for which the instructor requests SSC Network class access. Class access terminates at the completion of a course.
- Faculty & Staff members in the Faculty of Social Science (Main Campus).
- Guest and Special UWO community members working on projects that require use of the SSC Network, who have sponsorship by a Social Science department. This often includes Adjunct Faculty. Special members who do not have a Western Identity, must be sponsored for an associated person account through Human Resources.
- Students currently registered in the Faculty of Social Science are automatically granted SSC Network access. Students currently registered in a Social Science course will be granted SSC Network access when the instructor makes the request to SSTS using the Course Access application form. Users log onto SSC Network computers using their Western Identity username and password and have access to software and services on the SSC Network.
- Social Science faculty & staff members will automatically be granted SSC Network access the day after their account is created by WTS. Users log onto SSC Network computers using their Western Identity username and password and have access to software and services on the SSC Network.
- Guest/Special UWO Community Members may complete an application for SSC Network Access online or in the SSTS Main Office, Room 1228, SSC. Members must have a Western Identity.
- Special members who do not have Western Identity, must be sponsored for an associated person account through Human Resources. The department affiliation must be a Social Science Department.
- Course Access Application (Must be completed by instructor)
- Guest or Special Access and Building Card Access Application
- HR Associated Persons